Import general ledger transactions quickly
Do you track General Ledger transactions in Excel that need to be manually entered into Traverse? Here’s an easy way to enter them into Traverse without having to type each one in by hand:
- Open Traverse 11 to General Ledger, Transactions, Transactions.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet containing the transactions to be entered into the General Ledger.
- Make sure the columns in the Excel sheet are in the same order as those in Traverse. If not you can adjust the columns in either Traverse or Excel.
- Now to insert the general ledger transactions:
- Highlight all the transactions in Excel, right-click and select copy.
- Right-click on the gray box containing the asterisk (Add New record sign) on the left of the transaction row and select “Paste”.
- Check your Total Debits and Credits at the bottom of Traverse to make sure you’re in balance.
Now you’re all done – and just saved yourself lots of time! Hang on to this spreadsheet to use as a template and you save even more time after time.